Friday, June 15, 2012

Plans for the second half of 2012

June 15, 2012




Now that everyone is updated with Beyond the Wall, I am going to announce what the plans are for the year.

Since I began my campaign when I was 17 years old, I've learned two very important lessons: to not plan too much and to go one step at a time.  I have such a big passion for Colombia, that I always want to do everything all at once, but now that I am older (21) and have experience working on this, I'm definitely going to plan, but doing things step by step.  I've learned to be a bit more patient, even though I'm still working on it.  With that in mind, the following will be done in 2012:

  • The donations have been recovered.  As mentioned in the previous post, even if I didn't recover the "stolen" donations, I still would've had enough for just one distribution in El Talon.  Now that I have double the amount of donations, I'm guaranteeing many more distributions in the coming years...even though I'll never stop receiving donations.
  • Storage is very important; now that I don't have to worry so much about donations filling up in my home, I feel much more relieved and it's good to know that everything is organized.
  • The donations will be sent to Colombia by ship sometime between August and September.
  • The next most important step, without a doubt, is to become a nonprofit organization.  I will not do anything else until Beyond the Wall is recognized as a nonprofit because it opens many doors for the campaign..this is true expansion!
  • After the nonprofit process is complete, I'd like to plan on getting a group of students in Colombia together to offer classes on sexual education in El Talon.  Education to me is very important, and this quote expresses it all: "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb
  • Health is also important, so I'd like to have another medical mission completed in December.
I wanted to have a distribution in July, but due to the whole issue with the donations being "stolen," it was cancelled and I cannot change them back now due to funding.  Like last year, I also wanted to have a park built in El Talon, but unfortunately, I am hearing rumors about the possibility of El Talon being relocated in the future, so I'm not sure if that is the best idea.  The Beyond the Wall event this year will take place during the first week of December, unlike the last two years (December 23rd).  

I will be updating everyone with this great campaign!  Thanks to everyone for the support!

I invite you to follow me on Facebook (Beyond the Wall Campaign-Colombia) and through Twitter (@BeyondTheWallCO).

No comments:

Post a Comment