Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fall 2012 Updates

August 28th, 2012


It's only been three days since the last time that I updated the blog, and it already seems as if I have a lot to inform everyone about.  First of all, I will be traveling to Colombia towards the end of September or the beginning of October and I'll be coming back to the States in December.  During my time in Colombia, I'll be making weekly visits to El Talon.  Those visits will not be considered "events" like the past distributions, but they will be significant.  The visits will consist of concentrating on certain subjects with the children of El Talon; for example, we'll have a day dedicated to music, sports, art, writing, and reading.

There will also be events leading up to the final distribution.  In the end of November, there will be a sexual education workshop in El Talon that the adults of El Talon can participate in.  Furthermore, there is a plan to be able to organize a medical mission with the support of the University of Cartagena, though this is pending confirmation.  Finally, the distribution date set for this year is December 9th at 10 AM.  The past distributions in December were always completed on the 23rd, but due to my schedule with school and a family reunion in Los Angeles, I have to travel back to Orlando on December 11th.

I must mention that I don't think that I have words to describe how grateful I am for all of the support this year.  In March, all of the donations disappeared for over two months and during that time, I desperately tried to collect new ones to take to El Talon, and luckily, by May 30th, I had enough donations to distribute in El Talon.  Later during the first week of June, the lost and original donations suddenly appeared, leaving me with double the amount of donations.  This year could have been the worst in Beyond the Wall's short history, but that was something that the followers and I could not allow...and I am now preparing my trip to Colombia.  Thanks to everyone for that unconditional support.

I invite you to follow me on Facebook (Beyond the Wall Campaign-Colombia) and through Twitter (@BeyondTheWallCO).

No comments:

Post a Comment