Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer 2012

August 25th, 2012


The Fall season is about to begin and Beyond the Wall is going forward with everything that's planned! The summer has been very productive for the campaign since there have been several positive changes and I've been concentrating on the necessary preparations in order to complete the planned projects in Colombia.



The donations will be distributed in El Talon at the end of the year and we are already packed. It's been a busy season because we've collected and packed the donations, but there is also a sense of satisfaction in knowing that the work was completed in an exceptional way.  The support of all the followers has been great; people have taken donations to the office where I work, I receive calls and messages every day to be informed about receiving more donations, I've received donations all the way from Chicago, etc.  It's obviously great to receive all this support, but this requires a lot of dedication on my part.  Even the representative of Colombia in Miss Universe 2010 and faithful follower of the campaign, Natalia Navarro Galvis, collected seven boxes of clothes, shoes, and toys with her family in Miami.  It's unbelievable that public figures such as Miss Colombia are also interested in El Talon's success!  Finally, the support of everyone during the year, not just the summer, has been very good.


As I mentioned in a recent post, a goal that I had was to become a nonprofit organization. After receiving the professional guidance that I needed, I decided to change my mind.  For various reasons, I should not become a nonprofit organization...for now.  The great advice that I received will be published in another post, but I can guarantee that I have prepared something for the rest of the year that everyone will enjoy.


All in all, I want to thank all the followers of Beyond the Wall for the unconditional support. I honestly don't know what I'd do without my family here in the United States and Colombia, the guidance of my professional counselors, and of course, all the people who take the time and effort to help all of the residents of El Talon.  Success is on its way!

I invite you to follow me on Facebook (Beyond the Wall Campaign-Colombia) and through Twitter (@BeyondTheWallCO).

No comments:

Post a Comment