Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2010 Service Learning Conference

February 8th, 2010

On February 13th, 2010, the 2010 Service Learning Conference will take place in Timber Creek High School in Orlando.  The conference includes workshops that mostly high school students and service learning followers present.  At the conference last year, I presented the Beyond the Wall Campaign for the first time; it was at that conference that Beyond the Wall was officially presented to the public.  This year, Wendy Doromal, the conference director and my Service Learning Council teacher during high school, has invited me to present a workshop about the Beyond the Wall Campaign.  I will speak about the campaign's beginnings, how it is ran, and what projects are coming in the near future.  My workshop is scheduled to begin at 8:30 AM and it should end at around 10 AM. 

Timber Creek High School is located on 1001 South Avalon Park Blvd, Orlando, FL 32828-7764.  For more information, please visit the Service Learning Council website:
http://www.servicelearningacademy.blogspot.com/.

I will not be able to participate the whole day since I will travel to Colombia that afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Fernando, thank you for presenting at the conference! Your workshop got rave reviews from all including principal John Wright. Best of luck on your trip! Thank you again and see you when your return!

    W. Doromal

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great experience. Thank you for inviting me.

    Fernando Nunez Esquiaqui

    ReplyDelete