Thursday, June 25, 2009

To Colombia from Fernando









June 23rd, 2009

After more than a week of not updating this blog, I am very happy to report good news. Last week was without a doubt the busiest week of the campaign. I can confirm that the cargo company Tampa Cargo, a subsidiary of Avianca Airlines, will take the donations to Colombia next week. I was in the city of Miami, Florida the past Monday, June 15th and I could confirm the cargo. I also have the pleasure of announcing that Beyond the Wall will become a nonprofit organization this week. The organization will be named the Beyond the Wall Organization for obvious reasons. The most important event last week was the end of picking up donations. I am very happy with the result because up until today, I am still receiving calls to pick up donations but unfortunately, I cannot. From Titusville to Poinciana, all of Central Florida has given me a tremendous amount of help. The Hispanic community responded to my call for help for the residents of El Talon, Colombia in a positive manner. I have a lot of appreciation for everyone. I want everyone that is reading this to know that my work never got me tired and those that met me know that it true. I knew that my hard work would benefit the needy. I feel very satisfied with what I accomplished in this important phase of the campaign. Me I have attached pictures of the donations I received and my van that helped me so much.



An interesting note: When my parents gave me the van in April, I hated it because I thought nobody was going to like it. When I began using it and picking up donations, I could not have wanted any other car. I don't care if nobody likes it because I love it. Thanks Mom and Dad for the great gift because now I wont let you guys sell it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment